The Pokémon Go app is the latest craze. If you have not yet downloaded this game, then you are in the minority. Pokémon Go is based off the popular series of video games. It is hard to ignore this latest trend, so I decided to learn more about the Pokémon Go app.
What is Pokémon Go?
The Pokémon Go app is an augmented reality video game for smartphones and tablets. You can download it for your Android or iOS phone or tablet. Augmented reality simply means that the game uses the camera on your device to combine the real world with the game world.
Basically, you walk around your city looking for Pokémon that you can catch. The Pokémon are wild monsters that you can raise and grow, in order to battle other Pokémon players. Here are some of the main features of the Pokémon Go app:
- Walk around in the real world while playing the game!
- Catch a wide variety of Pokémon – over 150 different Pokémon to catch!
- Play by yourself or with other Pokémon players!
- Join a team and start battling rival gyms!
- You can catch, hatch, and evolve your Pokémon to gain new powers!
- The game is free to play, with in-app purchases available!
- The most downloaded augmented reality game of all time!
That covers just a few of the main features that I found while learning more about Pokémon Go. You can download the game for free and you never have to make in-game purchases. Though, these in-game purchases allow you to get further in the game without having to complete certain tasks.
For example, you can purchase PokéCoins, which can be used to purchase items for your Pokémon Trainer. These items can be earned by playing the game, but if you do not want to go through the trouble of collecting the items, you can simply purchase them right away using real money.
Pokémon Go Download for Android and Apple Devices
The Pokémon Go app is currently available for Android and Apple devices. This means that you will need a phone or tablet running one of these operating systems. Below, I have provided Pokémon Go download instructions for both Android and iOS phones and tablets.
Downloading the Pokémon Go APK
If you want to play the Pokémon Go app on your Android device, you will need to visit the Google Play Store. From there, you can search for the Pokémon Go APK. After it is downloaded to your phone or tablet, you can install the game and instantly start playing.
For those that do not have access to the Google Play Store, there are still ways to install the game on your phone:
- Step 1 – Go to the Settings menu on your phone and then click on Security. Scroll until you find the option “Unknown Sources”. This option needs to be turned on.
- Step 2 – Next, you will need to download the Pokémon Go APK file. This is available from a number of different third-party websites. Make sure that you download the file from a trusted source or website.
- Step 3 – Once the download is complete, you should have a notification on your phone. Click on this notification to select the Pokémon Go APK file. Click “Install” and follow the instructions. You can now play Pokémon Go on your Android device!
So, whether or not you can access the Google Play Store, you can still download the Pokémon Go game.
Downloading the Pokémon Go iOS Game
The Pokémon Go Android game plays the same as the Pokémon Go iOS game. The only difference is the device that you use to play the game. If you have an iPhone or an iPad, then you will need to visit the Apple iTunes App Store. As with the Google Play Store, you can simply search for the game and then download it to your device.
If you cannot access the iTunes App Store, or if it is not available in your country, then follow these steps to install the Pokémon Go app on your iOS device:
- Step 1 – Open up the Settings menu on your iPhone. Click on “Apple ID” and then sign out.
- Step 2 – Go back to the Settings menu and select “General” followed by “Language and Region”. You can now set a new region – such as the United States, New Zealand, or Australia.
- Step 3 – After setting your new region, visit the iTunes App Store. You can now search for the Pokémon Go download page. You may need to create a new Apple ID specifically for this new region. But, you do not need to add any billing information.
- Step 4 – Once you find Pokémon Go iOS, you can download and install the game.
When playing Pokémon Go iPhone version, you can use the same tips and suggestions that you find for Pokémon Go Android.
Downloading the Pokémon Go App for Windows
If you have a Windows phone, then you will be out of luck. Currently, the developers of the Pokémon Go app have not released a version for Windows devices. You are still limited to Android and iOS phones and tablets. Though this could change in the future and they may end up releasing it for Windows phones at some point.
The Pokémon Go download stats show that it is one of the most downloaded apps of all time. In order to extend this success, it only makes sense that the developers would want to allow as many people as possible to download Pokémon Go.
Get the Pokémon Go App Today
I do not want to be the only person not playing the Pokémon Go App. So, I definitely plan on downloading it after learning more about the game. If you are like me and want to join in on the fun, then follow the tips provided and download the Pokémon Go App today.
You have two options if you are searching for a Pokémon Go download page. You can either visit the Google Play Store or the Apple iTunes App Store.
This game does not show any signs of going away anytime soon. But, there is no telling how long the Pokémon Go app will continue to remain a top mobile game. Apparently, part of the fun of this game is the fact that so many different people play it.
While you are walking around playing, you are likely to encounter other players, which is a pretty cool concept. So, if you want to make the most of Pokémon Go, you should download it while it still remains the most popular game.
Use the instructions provided or follow any of the links on this page to begin downloading the Pokémon Go app and have fun playing it on your iOS or Android phone or tablet!